NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS!

Before doing anything, please fill out the form in the Starter Pack Bonus thread!
(You can find it by going to "Information Desk" and then clicking the thread titled "Starter Pack Bonus".)

You will not be able to play the games, trade with others, take from updates, etc. until after you've been moved from the Pending section on the Members List!

Mini Survey 001

Cassidy
Mobage Support & Expert

Mini Survey 001

Post by Cassidy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:35 am

Hello, everyone!!

First off, I just want to give a huge thanks to everyone who's joined the forums so far! It makes me happy to see interest in Sakura, and I look forward to having more donations in so we can get those decks made and open the TCG sooner! We're aiming for around 40-50 decks released, and at least 40 decks unreleased on the upcoming list so we have some reserves for future weekly updates (but these numbers may change depending on the circumstances).

That aside, I come with a mini survey! I labelled this as the first one for now because depending on the answers I get to this survey, there may be need for a follow up one or even another survey about something entirely different! So without further ado, please answer the questions (the bolded text) below if you have the time! Rewards will be passed out once the TCG opens for any responses we get. ^^
  • Would you be interested in member decks?
    These would be a deck of 20 individual cards (maybe 10 or 15, even, if that's what was preferred) made entirely from images of the player's choosing which can feature anything or have any kind of theme you'd like as long as the it also fits the TCG's theme (which is Japanese-source/origin anime, manga, and games). The worth of member deck cards would depend on how they're earned but you would then obtain the cards from your deck through a to be determined method and upon collecting all the cards, you could master it for a reward!

If yes, how would you like to obtain the cards of a member deck? If no, please disregard the rest of the following questions!
    Some options to consider would be having to complete certain tasks or requirements to unlock a card, earning the cards from the randomizer through various rewards on the site, buying them through a shop, or another possibility if you have one! I personally think completing certain tasks or fulfilling requirements to unlock cards would be the best option but if you think otherwise then please say so, and why!

Once you have cards from your member deck, would you want to be able to trade them with other players and be able to master their decks as well?
    I'm assuming the best course of action would be to have an unlimited amount of copies of a card in your member deck once unlocked/obtained to trade with others but we could also make it so that you need to obtain extra copies of the card (ie. by purchasing them) although I don't think this will be a very popular idea lol.

If yes, how would you like to be able to trade them?
    Would you rather be able to trade any card in your member deck for any card in another player's member deck regardless of card number or would you rather only be able to trade a card in your member deck with the same card number in another player's member deck?

Finally, do you have any name suggestions for member decks, as an activity (not for each member deck)?
    This question is entirely optional and will not affect your reward if you do not answer it because you don't have any ideas! I'm just not that great at coming up with names. :')
And that's it for now! If you have any other suggestions or questions regarding member decks then please include them in your response and I'll respond! Otherwise, I will most likely not post anything else here unless I feel like I need to so that the responses are easier to go through and read if that makes sense. Lastly, thank you in advance to anyone who responds!
Last edited by Cassidy on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: for clarity re: the last question!!

Jessica
kira ~

Re: Mini Survey 001

Post by Jessica » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:28 am

Would you be interested in member decks?
You know I will definitely be! I would prefer the deck size to be either 15 or 20 cards. I feel like 10 would be too small since your deck sizes are 20 cards already. Maybe they can be worth 1 since we're collecting them via hitting specific criteria and being able to possibly trade them? If that's not okay, I would say a worth of 0, as I feel like a worth of 2 is too high for these kind of cards

If yes, how would you like to obtain the cards of a member deck? If no, please disregard the rest of the following questions!
I feel like the only "fun and challenging" way to collect them is through reaching certain checkpoints or criteria listed. If they were put onto the randomizer, I don't think we'd every fully finish collecting our own decks, unless you had a separate randomizer just for member decks. Even then, it would be a stretch. Buying them through the shop sounds a little too easy unless prices for the cards are super high or we don't earn a lot of currency in order to purchase them

Once you have cards from your member deck, would you want to be able to trade them with other players and be able to master their decks as well?
I would love to be able to trade and collect other member's decks! The more, the merrier, plus I like having shiny things to display on my page! I would prefer unlimited copies of the cards; I would go broke on this tcg otherwise, or I just wouldn't trade them

I would prefer trading the same card numbers within the decks. That just makes more sense to me

Finally, do you have any name suggestions for member decks?
Since the currency is petals and flowers, maybe something along the terms of like [member name]'s Character Garden (or just [member]'s Garden) or something like that. I'm no good with giving things names, sorry ><

Eon
A Special Case

Post by Eon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:35 am

Oh yes definitely. I'd like to keep it small though, like 10-15.

I like the idea of completing tasks. First mastery, first deck donated, first first mastery achieved, that sort of thing. Not really keen on getting them through randomizers or shops.

Trade yes, master no... since its personal deck, isn't it?

Same number for same number, so the more difficult ones are rarer

I think it's fine to keep it plain like [name]'s member deck or whatever, so it's clear and we know what it is on sight
Duties include deckmaking, site maintenance and shitposting. Feel free to PM me if there's anything I can help with!

Josie

Post by Josie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:27 am

Definitely! I have so many favourite characters that choosing just one for things like member cards is always hard, so having a whole deck I can fill with my favourites sounds like an awesome idea. As for the size, I'm happy with whatever you think is best or what everyone else wants to go with, but I think at least 15 would be nice? I definitely have enough characters to fill that. XD

If yes, how would you like to obtain the cards of a member deck?
I really like the idea of having to do certain things/pass certain milestones to be able to add cards to the deck. I think it would encourage us to do more things around the TCG if we could earn something so nice and personal from doing them.

I think that's a good idea! The only issue would be with members who earned one or two cards and then quit the TCG. If you're stuck with those cards then there would be no way of mastering the deck and not really any way to get rid of the cards, but maybe there's a solution to that somewhere that I can't think of right now.

I agree with only being able to trade the same number. It makes it more challenging since in order to master other people's decks you also have to master your own to be able to get all of the numbers. :D

Something simple with our names on so that we can easily see whose deck it is.

Samu
Sloth Princess

Post by Samu » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:00 pm

I wouldn't mind having them since I have trouble always choosing 1 card tbh LOL. The tasks sound like fun too! Gives a little something extra to work towards.

I think tasks because honestly that's probably the fun-est way to earn them! Buying them through the shops is an okay option, but I think it doesn't have that much fun tied into it like actually working towards stuff to unlock them. I honestly wouldn't be mad with any choice tho haha.

I'm actually okay with maybe have 2 copies. IE. a copy for yourself and 1 copy of each card to trade off to others then having to maybe buy the extras. Or even redoing tasks to earn more copies. (depending on what the tasks are ofc! Things like mastering can be repeatidly done, so!)

I like the # for # versions. Like I trade my 01, 04, 07 for their 01, 04, 07 cards! Other way is just too easy imo!

Hanami decks? Since that's sakura watching and all. haha.

moe
The Trash Lord

Post by moe » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Sure I would! I wouldn't mind a 15-20 card member deck, but it might be a little more difficult to think up tasks to gain those cards so however many is fine to me.

If yes, how would you like to obtain the cards of a member deck?
Set tasks or criteria! Like, first masteries, a set card count - treat it like achievements for accomplishing milestones maybe.

I'd be fine with trading them out number for number (01 for 01, 02 for 02), but as far as mastering goes I'm finding there's the issue that Josie brought up re: people quitting and ended up with only a few cards from that member's deck! I can't really think of a solution to that either, especially if the player that quit didn't end up getting all of their member cards.

Points up!! Number for number please. I guess for accessibility you could do the trading for member cards regardless of number thing and I'd be fine with it, but I do prefer the number for number idea.

I liked Eon's idea for the [name]'s deck! Since we won't be using things like "Moe" or "Eon" as decknames (I don't think anyway, maybe I'd wrong), it'd be easier to do it that way I think?
resident otoge trashcan. duties are: deck making, being proud of you when you get a special mastery, and giving you cards out of a shiny pot ♥

Ajisaitea
Amacha

Post by Ajisaitea » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:23 am

I've always been a fan of member decks so I would love to have one for Sakura was well. 10 cards would be a good size to work it.

At Dilly Dally you use something similar to meeting certain milestones which is not a bad idea. I think here you can maybe have a mix of milestones that need to be met and maybe extra criteria in the form of task that have to be met. That way people have to work towards earning a full deck and a master badge for it.

I would prefer to be able to master others member decks and have a master badge for it. It adds to the appeal and it's fun.

Yes. I have never been a fan of getting member cards via games unless they are classed as a special deck and given a value above base 0. And since most TCGs don't it's pointless for cards to be in game rotations. So trading should be the only way to get cards outside of maybe random wishes made.

Names for a game that in which we gain member cards....that's not easy. Maybe make it artbook themed. Since most anime's, manga's and game's release artbooks to show off the art or concept art maybe something along the line of that would be nice.
Last edited by Ajisaitea on Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lex

Post by Lex » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Sure! I usually see TCGs do larger decks (15-20) but even a smaller one (10-15) would be fun. I like seeing everyone's pretty cards.

Definitely a mix of tasks/requirements, e.g. reaching level 3 or turning in 5 trade cards, stuff like that. The only thing I don't like with that method though is if some tasks are way ridiculous for the average player, like you have to reach level 20 or donate 10 sets of level badges or something that not everyone might have time for. So you get like, 15 out of 20 of your cards and then it takes a million years to get the last 5.

Trading's half the fun, so yeah! For mastering, I figure you're already trading them so might as well get a reward for obtaining all of them, right? re: not getting another player's full deck if they quit, I mean either way you're going to have a random number of "unmastered" member deck cards that you traded people for sitting in your collection whether you can master another player's deck or not. (All I can think of for that is having a member deck "mini-mastery" somehow?? Like if you have 20 cards [or whatever the max deck # is] from multiple quit members, you can submit for a mastery reward anyway. You just won't get a specific member's personal master badge but at least you get a reward for collecting them.)

# for # is good.

lmao I'm bad at coming up with names too so Lex's Member Deck or whatever someone comes up with is fine with me. And the file name can just be md-lex01, md-lex02 or whatever shorthand you want to use for easy identification

Jun

Post by Jun » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Mmmm Maybe. I think it all depends. I like seeing them. sldakfjadsf idk im indifferent.

I think milestones is a popular choice. Level 2, level 5, level 10 as an example, master 5 chara decks, simple thigns like that are always nice. you could even have one be a purchase lol like 'member card 05' or something.

Hmmm not sure. That is kinda funky to master decks based on other people XD Your mastering the members! I figure if you do member decks, people would want this? not sure.

I think trading the same number can be good, like 01 for 01. because I think it can get out of hand or weird when you trade like 01 for 08. but thats just me.

Well if its a member deck, I think just a based 'member-eon' or something, since i can see issues having like 'magical' or 'kawaii' as a deck name or something.

Cassidy
Mobage Support & Expert

Post by Cassidy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:40 am

SO I figured I should clear up the last question because I didn't realize it would be misunderstood which I'd also like to apologize for!

The purpose of that question was just to ask for potential names for the Member Deck activity (ie. like how we have an activity called "Box Sets" but the activity itself is basically just a form of mini masteries). The filenames for the decks themselves will probably be something like member-[playername] and on the actual cards, it would say that player's name instead of where the usual deck name is!