NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS!

Before doing anything, please fill out the form in the Starter Pack Bonus thread!
(You can find it by going to "Information Desk" and then clicking the thread titled "Starter Pack Bonus".)

You will not be able to play the games, trade with others, take from updates, etc. until after you've been moved from the Pending section on the Members List!

Mini Survey 001

Kairi

Re: Mini Survey 001

Post by Kairi » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:30 am

Okay, let's try this again because I've lost my answers at least twice now--

Would you be interested in member decks?
I'm honestly very neutral towards them, meaning I don't mind if they're implemented or not. Everyone else seems to be excited about the possibility of them though, so it sounds like a good idea! If they were to be implemented, I think 10 cards is a good number, 20 might be too many.

If yes, how would you like to obtain the cards of a member deck? If no, please disregard the rest of the following questions!
I think tasks are definitely the better option, as they are more challenging than merely buying them (and that might become too easy depending on how the drop rate of currency is going to be on games). They also give you a sense of achievement that make getting a member card more worthwhile!

Once you have cards from your member deck, would you want to be able to trade them with other players and be able to master their decks as well?
I'd like that, yes! I do like the idea of not getting unlimited copies of the cards as it adds to a challenge that I think is interesting, but that would mean that the tasks (in the case they were implemented) would all need to be re-achievable or it would be impossible. You could always make it so the second copies could be purchasable, but I'm not sure how this would work ):

If yes, how would you like to be able to trade them?
Trading number for number seems like the best option for me.

Finally, do you have any name suggestions for member decks, as an activity (not for each member deck)?
I'm terrible at coming up with names, I'm sorry ;_;
[michelle play despacito]
trade post

Hotaru

Post by Hotaru » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:54 am

I always love these as an idea, but I always wind up getting stuck with a few cards that are really difficult or take forever to get. As long as they're pretty well balanced, I am all for this though!

If yes, how would you like to obtain the cards of a member deck? If no, please disregard the rest of the following questions!
I like earning them by reaching a certain level, master x number of decks, trading x number of times, etc. It gives me something to shoot for (especially the donation ones, because then I have a goal to motivate me XD)

Once you have cards from your member deck, would you want to be able to trade them with other players and be able to master their decks as well?
I would like to be able to trade them, and I would probably prefer unlimited copies, but maybe a restriction where you can only trade one at a time? (So I can't trade hotaru01 all the way through hotaru20 for your cassidy01-cassidy20 all in the same trade, I would have to trade with you one member deck card at a time, 20 times total to get the full deck)

I would like to be able to trade any # for any #. If you have most of the donation-based cards, for example, and I have most of the trade-based cards, why can't we trade them?

Finally, do you have any name suggestions for member decks, as an activity (not for each member deck)?
Hrm, well, I also suck at coming up with names, but maybe "Scrapbook" or something like that? I'm also 100% fine if the name of the activity is just "Member Decks" XD

Joey
Hanyuu Appreciation Life

Post by Joey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Absolutely!! I love having my own little deck since its always so hard to pick just one image for a member card hehe. I think they should all be the same worth though, to keep things easier. 15-20 would be a good amount IMO.

Completing tasks! Definitely ones for trading/donating, since that's always a huge motivation.

I think it should be unlimited copies of your own, and I think it would be fun to trade them~

I think it should be number-for-number.

I do not ;c I'm terrible with names as well, but it should be something that's easily recognized as "ok this is a member deck" (if that makes any sense)

Mina

Post by Mina » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:28 am

Yes! I think it'd be interesting to see everyone's tastes in their own personal decks.

If yes, how would you like to obtain the cards of a member deck?
I like the idea of milestones like trading with a certain number of people or mastering a certain number of decks! Or maybe through special monthly tasks like Color's Pot of Gold?

I'd love to be able to collect and master them! Maybe the member cards of players that have quit can be turned in for matching numbers of your own deck so you can trade again? :x

# for # seems most organized! But I guess it might lock out people if they don't have the higher numbers (but that might encourage them to play harder and collect cards??)

Samu's suggestion of Hanami is cute!!

Becca
Nanomachine: Crusnik 02

Post by Becca » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:01 am

Sure! It's a fun extra activity for when I have too much time on my hands lol. I think 15 is a nice number, although 20 would be okay, too!

I think it is more like unlocking or attaining the card if you have to complete tasks for them, such as 5 masteries or level up to a certain level, or make a certain number of trades.

I do like this idea, but the only thing that has been a problem in the past is if I traded for a couple cards of a member's deck and then they quit, then I'm left with the random couple of cards they traded me but I am unable to finish their deck. If this is an option, but a member quits, it would be interesting to have an option to trade them in? If that makes sense lol.

I agree with others that it should be traded number for number!

I'm terrible at coming up with activity names, so I'll leave that to other members xD Hope this was helpful!

Minty

Post by Minty » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Yes! I would love this, but maybe have it 10-15 cards if the tasks/method of gaining them is going to be more challenging?

I'm with a lot of the others about having these earned through tasks/achievements. I like the little extra personal goals that tasks provide. Randomizers and purchasing are a bit hit-or-miss.

Yes, I'd love to collect others' decks! But I like Hotaru's idea that you can only trade 1 member deck card per trade. Motivates us to trade more! I'd also love to be able to master them as well.

# to # would be a bit more challenging and fun, I think. Or if you made them worth 1 or 2 like regular deck cards, they could be traded for deck cards, almost like they're special. Any way it's decided, I'm good lol

I like the ideas suggested by others - Artbook and Hanami. Otherwise I'm no good at naming lmao

Jules
it's britney, b**ch

Post by Jules » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:38 pm

might be interesting! i love pretty cards. b-but image hunting (⊙﹏⊙✿) ... omg im so indecisive when it comes 2 me. so. like. i think it might be v nice?? if u did, i'd say 10-20 bc 15 seems weird w/ the decks being 20. im v picky abt multiples so.

idk. mastering decks, leveling up, being v cute yes. maybe a reward for activity tho??? i keep seeing tcgs that are all abt this prejoin phase which is v cool but rewards for sticking around might also be a+??

will never trade if i have to buy uvu. but it seems like so much work tbqh. id rather a personalized reward ++ membercards in general. i cant keep track of 20 cards of some1.

nooooooooooo

um um um... im not v creative. heu. ಥ⌣ಥ something maybe w/ art gallery or smth? idk. irdk.

Wing

Post by Wing » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:25 am

I am very lukewarm to the idea, because I'm personally really busy (though not atm because I'm on a break from travelling for the time being), so I wasn't really gonna post my answer since the idea seems popular enough to be implemented.. but I think it'd be good to have another opinion outside of the yes answers. Usually I'd say yes, because they provide good motivation towards a goal outside of mastering decks, but I'm kinda concerned how many side activites you already have. I don't know how intensive the unrevealed activities are gonna be (and I'm probably an outlier in the tcg community right now since I'm travelling rather than in school/work) but I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to keep track of a ton of things and just want a simple game because I can get overwhelmed when all I wanted to do was collect pretty cards... tl;dr Things can get too busy. The votes seem swayed on the affirmative side though, so I think if this is implemented, maybe 10-15 cards? I've never managed to actually obtain the whole member deck in a tcg before (either through it closing or not being active enough), but I usually like gathering images for it.

It's been a while but if I remember correctly, the Milestones activity in Photographs provided little stamps that were cute but not really cards, so I think I'd like to combine the two activities. It'd help with lessening the number of extra activites that was my problem.

Ehhhhh I'm afraid to be labelled as selfish, but no. Again, I feel like it'd be so much clutter... I like trading member cards because they're cute, but if I have to trade out and keep track of an extra 10-20 cards every time I do a trade, I'm rather put off...

I really like the hanami and garden suggestions! I really like flowers haha so I can throw in ikebana (flower arranging) as an idea, but I personally prefer hanami.