NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS!

Before doing anything, please fill out the form in the Starter Pack Bonus thread!
(You can find it by going to "Information Desk" and then clicking the thread titled "Starter Pack Bonus".)

You will not be able to play the games, trade with others, take from updates, etc. until after you've been moved from the Pending section on the Members List!

Managing large trade piles

For talking about anything else that doesn't fall under the other topics!
Becca
Nanomachine: Crusnik 02

Managing large trade piles

Post by Becca » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:03 am

Hey guys,

I just wanted to see who all would prefer to see trade piles split up? I noticed that some players with large amounts of cards are splitting them up alphabetically. I really don't want to do this at all, but I also want to make it easier for other players to browse my trade post!

Kairi

Re: Managing large trade piles

Post by Kairi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 am

Honestly I didn't want to do it either because I'd rather having everything in one place (aside from character and puzzle/special cards, as I like having those separated), but I was finding that with that one huge trade pile, eTCG was sometimes giving errors and when people sent me trade requests, it just wouldn't pull the card from the large trade pile at all even though it was right there.

It happened a few times and so I just decided to go with it, also because it'd take less to load per page if members were looking for certain cards in specific. But I think it's down to preference.
[permanently tired]
trade post

Cassidy
Mobage Support & Expert

Post by Cassidy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:03 pm

I generally don't really like separating my trade pile into separate pages/sections either because I like to have everything in one place and it makes it easier to search for something instead of having to check multiple pages but when you have a reaaaaally big trade pile, it's kind of hard not to want to separate it to make loading easier and quicker for you and others.

It might not be so bad if the cards were smaller but because we have big cards here, I feel like they take more time to load and they also take up more space so separating them might help in that aspect, too?

Ajisaitea
Amacha

Post by Ajisaitea » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Even thought I have separate trade piles I don't like it. But for me loading was a factory. I had to keep in mind that the more images on the page the longer the load and a the time I had a PC that couldn't handle it very well. And while my new PC can FF still bogs down when I load trade piles from members with lots of cards.

I've never had Kairi's issue however but having separate piles has it's own issues. Like keeping everything in order and so on.

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Yeah, all really good points and the whole reason I was asking the question. I just don't want to xD but, you're all right, it would make things easier for those who have trouble loading image heavy pages.

Lex

Post by Lex » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Personally when it gets to the point that someone has a super huge trade pile I don't even look at the images anymore, I open the page and stop the images loading immediately, then either use the card search (if they have it) or if they don't, right click + view page source and then ctrl+f deck names. So if you have a card search script installed and really don't feel like splitting up your trade post I don't think you're hindering people that much by keeping it that way.

Alternatively, for Colors I do split up my trade piles just because I have so many cards, but I also have a "see all" page option where I put all the categories on one page if people don't feel like loading every individual page. So that's an option too?

Cami
♦ Independence ♦

Post by Cami » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:30 am

That's the reason I have a card search. I'm too lazy to split my trade piles.
Image Image
sexy sexy want to do it
★☆ card post // forum trades ☆★

Samu
Sloth Princess

Post by Samu » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 pm

I'm probably one of the only people on here that don't mind 2000+ cards on a page since I'm pretty slow when Im looking through tradeposts LOL. The amount of cards honestly doesn't bother me since Im usually doing a million other things and Ill just tab out if its loading. Then again my computer specs are high, so I can;t speak for the loading thing but I figured it was a problem and split mine into 3 as well LOL.

But tbh, I dont mind them all on one page, it normall doesnt hinder my opinion on looking for cards, I dont ever use the search option even if they have alot lmao.

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 pm

So basically, it seems the majority (that replied here), don't care either way. That's relieving to hear xD I really didn't want to split them up.
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!