Error Reporting (Cards)

All your questions and suggestions go here!
Joey
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Error Reporting (Cards)

Post by Joey »

Card/Deck: mintoaizawa
Details: Should just be mintaizawa/Mint Aizawa
according to the offical english releases and tokyo mew mew new's 2nd season opening; mew pudding will be its own craziness...
ImageImage
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ tradepost *:・゚✧
Jun

Post by Jun »

Card/Deck: ourfuturesky / Our Future Sky
Details: large blank stripe on the right side of the puzzle.
Cassidy
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Cassidy »

Everything should be fixed now!

Jun wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:52 am Card/Deck: Judai Yuki's deck
Details: The deck should be titled "judaiyuuki/Judai Yuuki" with two u's, not one. While the wiki will list one u, it is actually longated u... (I know we have used longated vowels on other names also like Yurika Toudou or Yuuko Ichihara)

EDIT: adding two more

Card/Deck: Jun Manjome's deck
Details: Should be Jun Manjoume (another long u)

Card/Deck: Yuma Tsukumo's deck
Details: Same Same, should be Yuuma Tsukumo.

Sorry i keep bringing up the long u's >< but it is like writing "chris" and "kris".
Just to check: are these the official ways their names are spelled? Because we have other characters whose names use both a short and long letters/vowels but we usually go with whatever is official, or more commonly used if nothing is official (ie. Aoyagi Toya is also written as Touya but officially, "Toya" is used instead)!
ʚ♥ɞ

˚*.꒰ view tradepost ꒱.*˚
Jun

Post by Jun »

Cassidy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:49 pm Everything should be fixed now!

Jun wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:52 am Card/Deck: Judai Yuki's deck
Details: The deck should be titled "judaiyuuki/Judai Yuuki" with two u's, not one. While the wiki will list one u, it is actually longated u... (I know we have used longated vowels on other names also like Yurika Toudou or Yuuko Ichihara)

EDIT: adding two more

Card/Deck: Jun Manjome's deck
Details: Should be Jun Manjoume (another long u)

Card/Deck: Yuma Tsukumo's deck
Details: Same Same, should be Yuuma Tsukumo.

Sorry i keep bringing up the long u's >< but it is like writing "chris" and "kris".
Just to check: are these the official ways their names are spelled? Because we have other characters whose names use both a short and long letters/vowels but we usually go with whatever is official, or more commonly used if nothing is official (ie. Aoyagi Toya is also written as Touya but officially, "Toya" is used instead)!
Its a mixed bag. YGO is known for botching up names* (like hunter x hunter). Ill see, for example, times merchandise will go "Jyudai" instead of Judai, or "Joeri" instead of Yuuri. In this case, most databases I see use the double 'u' for Yuu names (example: MAL uses Judai Yuuki, merch sites were using Judai Yuuki). I guess in the end it varies on sources and material. It is trickier since a lot of merch and promo in english writing will just go "Jaden Yuki" since english, where a lot of the merch will be specifically one spelling per that merch, then books will say something else. Its a bit of Yes to both.
*edit: clarifying when I say botch I mean they will be inconsistent or kinda adding in vowels or alt spellings.

Edit 2: I was thinking of this, and when it comes to it, its not just the wrong spelling but wrong pronunciation? The names are pronounced elongated when speaking verbally, only when you have the English dub is it not (in that care the decks would be called Jaden Yuki). But especially with YGO, which is spelled Yuugiou (which makes sense, Yu-Gi-Oh became the english spelling first then was easier marketability because it was already established that in western territories), where the Yuu is intentional with all the protag names as well. sadfjldsa I dont think it makes sense personally to do short writing since if i said Yugi vers. Yuugi IRL, it wouldn't be the same word/name? It reminds me of Tomi and Tomei, which are two different names.
kip
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by kip »

Card/Deck: haroldberselius
Details: master badge displays the shortened form of her name used on the cards (harold b.) when it should be her full name (harold berselius)
saya

Post by saya »

Card/Deck: onpusegawa

onpusegawa12
Details: transparent stripe on left

Card/Deck: hotarutomoe

hotarutomoe13

Card/Deck: phoenixwright

phoenixwright03

Card/Deck: cloudstrife

cloudstrife04, cloudstrife07, cloudstrife11
Details: transparent stripe on left and for 11 on right

~*Catmint*~
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Card/Deck: Terriermon
Details: Listed under Dig Delight Direct Drive DJ instead of Digimon
tradepost
Jun

Post by Jun »

Jessica wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:14 am Card/Deck: Terriermon
Details: Listed under Dig Delight Direct Drive DJ instead of Digimon
Fixed this one!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Card/Deck: emetselch05

emetselch05
Details: Empty stripe at the top
moe
Pronouns: she/he/they

Post by moe »

Card/Deck: zhongli
Details: zhongli03 has a transparent line up top and is crowding into zhongli08 imsorry