NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS!

Before doing anything, please fill out the form in the Starter Pack Bonus thread!
(You can find it by going to "Information Desk" and then clicking the thread titled "Starter Pack Bonus".)

You will not be able to play the games, trade with others, take from updates, etc. until after you've been moved from the Pending section on the Members List!

Suggestion Tag

For talking about anime, manga, games, and anything related!
Ajisaitea
Amacha

Re: Suggestion Tag

Post by Ajisaitea » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 am

Amber wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:16 pm
For me:
Please recommend to me an anime/manga that makes you happy when you watch/read it, or cheers you up when you are feeling down!
Well when I am feeling down or just need a Happy Pick-Up I always turn to Cardcaptor Sakura. It just makes me smile and I want to believe that everything will always be alright in the end. Sakura has a phrase she always tells herself which is "I'll be Alright". So watching this makes me feel that I can think the same way.

It's a little corny right?

For Me:
Tell me about an anime/manga you were so excited for but it turned out to be rather disappointing.

Suggestions Made:
Jun

cashew

Post by cashew » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am

Ajisaitea wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 am
For Me:
Tell me about an anime/manga you were so excited for but it turned out to be rather disappointing.
I'll honestly say Bleach... It was a long time ago, but I loved Bleach at first and as it went on it just got.... bad.... ):

For me:
A non-mobile otome game! As long as it's relatively easy to obtain and in English.

Suggestions: Samu and Ajisaitea (this post)

Becca
Nanomachine: Crusnik 02

Post by Becca » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:04 am

cashew wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am
For me:
A non-mobile otome game! As long as it's relatively easy to obtain and in English.
I don't know if you have a PS Vita or not, but I highly recommend Collar x Malice. The art is gorgeous, it's a thriller/detective story, and all of the guys are just awesome. I completed all of the routes and the story is so engaging that it makes you want to go back and intentionally get bad endings to get more information.

For me: I'd like more slice of life recommendations with similar feels like NANA/Paradise Kiss/Skip Beat.

Suggestions: cashew

Haylee
゚*。Glitter Queen 。* ゚

Post by Haylee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Becca wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:04 am
For me: I'd like more slice of life recommendations with similar feels like NANA/Paradise Kiss/Skip Beat.
I don't know if these are exactly classified as Slice of Life, but they seem like it to me! Kuragehime, or Princess Jellyfish, is super good! Another is Sukkite li na yo, or Say 'I Love You'. Tbh this one had me in tears lmao, but it's less humor and more 'real' feeling if that makes sense?? One last one is Masamune-kun no Revenge which is more humorous one.

Suggestions Made: Jun, Cassidy, Becca

Recommend me some cute, humorous school animes!

Lex

Post by Lex » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:20 am

Haylee wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm
Recommend me some cute, humorous school animes!
Azumanga Daioh is one of my top favorite comedy series, it's so funny no matter how many times I read it (even if you want to watch the anime I recommend reading the manga too, it's 4komas so it's a very quick read and you can quickly tell if it's your type of humor or not). Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is also excellent as a comedy/school anime but I'm sure most people have checked that one out by now haha. Less comedy and more of a drama/romance, the Doukyuusei movie is very sweet and I'd definitely rec it to anyone looking to watch something in one sitting. Also I've gotta rec Little Witch Academia because it's set in a school so technically it's a school anime!! But it's very cute and I love the art and the characters and just the general setting of it being a school for magic.

previous suggestions: jun

Recommend me series you think don't get enough love! What's the best darn anime or game you've ever seen but there's no fandom or no one's even heard of it, etc.

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Lex wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:20 am
Recommend me series you think don't get enough love! What's the best darn anime or game you've ever seen but there's no fandom or no one's even heard of it, etc.
Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) by Hiromi Arakawa, who created Fullmetal Alchemist. The story is about Hachiken, a boy from the city, who enrolls at an agriculture boarding school in the country after he fails the entrance exam to his choice high school. He thinks this would be easy for him but then reality sets in... It's a slice of life / coming of age story and not as boring as it sounds. (An anime about agriculture, eye roll). I wonder if people are turned off by the theme of the show, but it needs more love. So cute.

For me: Tell me about an anime with a live action adaptation you enjoyed?

suggestion: Lex

Becca
Nanomachine: Crusnik 02

Post by Becca » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Frankie wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:08 pm
For me: Tell me about an anime with a live action adaptation you enjoyed?
I feel like I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I loved the recent Ghost in the Shell adaptation! It did venture off the story a few times, but there were several great take aways from the original GitS movie that made it really nostalgic. Not to mention the visual effects were amazing. Going into it, I had preconceived opinions that Scarlett Johansson would do terribly as the Major, but I was definitely proved wrong. I really recommend it even if you haven't seen any of the original anime movies/series!

For me: Please give me a recommendation for vampire anime! I've seen a lot of them, so I'm looking for something a bit more obscure. If you're interested, here is what I've seen with the exception of Rosario + Vampire and Diabolik Lovers which are not listed there since I didn't finish them.

Suggestions made: cashew, Frankie

Amber

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 pm

Becca wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:43 pm
For me: Please give me a recommendation for vampire anime! I've seen a lot of them, so I'm looking for something a bit more obscure. If you're interested, here is what I've seen with the exception of Rosario + Vampire and Diabolik Lovers which are not listed there since I didn't finish them.
Hello did someone say vampire anime

My favorite vampire anime is Hellsing - specifically the OVA Hellsing Ultimate since it's a much closer adaption of the manga than the original 13 episode anime was. It's action packed and is essentially a story about an anti-vampire organization that fights vampires with its own secret weapon... a vampire! I feel I should warn that it does have a lot of gruesome moments and there are nazis involved however!

For me: Please recommend some anime to me that clearly doesn't take itself very seriously, but still offers character development. I love Food Wars and enjoyed Kill la Kill, and would love to see something similarly absurd.

Suggestions Made: Jun, cashew, Samu, Kupo, Becca (this post)

Rosenel

Post by Rosenel » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:17 am

Amber wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 pm

For me: Please recommend some anime to me that clearly doesn't take itself very seriously, but still offers character development. I love Food Wars and enjoyed Kill la Kill, and would love to see something similarly absurd.

Suggestions Made: Jun, cashew, Samu, Kupo, Becca (this post)
Hinamatsuri. It came out in Spring and the season is finished. Unknown yet if they will make a sequel but the manga is still on going. It's a comedy but it has character development as it goes along.

For me: I'm a shoujo junkie but lately I've been bored on what's out in series. I'm looking for something that does have romance as a minor subplot but focuses more on the story, I'm partial to fantasy and myth based stuff but I'll try any series out once. To give an idea of stuff I've seen: Yona of the Dawn, Kami-sama Kiss, Children of the Whale, The Ancient Magus Bride, Hell Girl

Past suggestions: Amber, this post.

Jun

Post by Jun » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Rosenel wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:17 am
For me: I'm a shoujo junkie but lately I've been bored on what's out in series. I'm looking for something that does have romance as a minor subplot but focuses more on the story, I'm partial to fantasy and myth based stuff but I'll try any series out once. To give an idea of stuff I've seen: Yona of the Dawn, Kami-sama Kiss, Children of the Whale, The Ancient Magus Bride, Hell Girl
Ok this might 1000000% not be your type of series and if so im sorry... but It had romance so: Kemonozume. Gonna copy/paste but "A race of cannibal monsters called the Shokujinki exists and it is the job of the Kifuuken, an elite group of beast-hunters, to stop them. Toshihiko Momota, an expert swordsman and son of the Kifuuken organization's leader, unexpectedly falls in love at first sight with a beautiful girl named Yuka; however, the couple's relationship is much more complicated than it seems at first glance, for Yuka is a Shokujinki." Its one of those forbidden romance type series. It has a very unique art style that might look lazy at first glance, but is actually pretty neat. while Romance is kinda a front and center theme, its not like really set and perfect from the get go. There are alot of problems and hurdles, and even questioning of this romance. The series also explores a lot of why and how of the creatures in this universe, so its it does focus off of the romance. Though, i wouldnt call it Myth, but id say Fantasy because of the creatures.
For me: I like Shounen/Seinen with mature themes, Horror series I'm not familiar with (so maybe a bit obscure?) and heck IF you have a good "adulter" series with girls then I would be interested too :)
Reccomended: Cami, Kupo, Amber, Haylee, Rosenel