NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS!

Before doing anything, please fill out the form in the Starter Pack Bonus thread!
(You can find it by going to "Information Desk" and then clicking the thread titled "Starter Pack Bonus".)

You will not be able to play the games, trade with others, take from updates, etc. until after you've been moved from the Pending section on the Members List!

Secret Base

For talking about possible new TCGs, feedback on projects, and other TCG-related topics!
SasuraUchiha

Secret Base

Post by SasuraUchiha » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:23 am

Well, I don't know if this one ever goes live, but I couldn't sleep last night, so I came up with a concept.

The Name of the TCG would be "Secret Base". It will be an Anime/Manga/Video Games TCG with Decks in the categories Opening, Ending, Character, Episodes and Scenes for normal Decks and Eyecatches, Settings and Puzzles for puzzle Decks. Obviously I have to make different categories for Mangas and Video Games, but it's all still in development.

Deck Templates
Opening, Ending, Episode and Scene Decks
SpoilerShow
Also available as a 15 card template, in case an Opening or Ending doesn't have enough frames.
Character Decks
SpoilerShow
Puzzle Decks
SpoilerShow

Master Badges
SpoilerShow
Image Image

Currency
The currency would be Secret Letters and Stickers. One of them rare, the other one common. These Icons here are just placeholders until I got an idea for something prettier.
Image Image

Coupons
Coupons will come in all different kinds. Here are a few examples:
Image Image Image Image

Activities
One of the Activities I came up with are Series Collections.
SpoilerShow
Similar to Boxsets but with predetermined Deck Categories. Which Deck of those Categories you collect and master is all your choice as long as they are all from the same series. Each Deck will get not only a Master Badge but also a Master Sticker which you will use for those Collections.
Here are a few sticker:
Image Image Image
And here is an example of a completed Collection:
SpoilerShow
And after you completed a collection you will get a custom Completion Badge:

Another Activity would be the Member Decks. Each Deck consists of 10 cards and for each card you have to complete a certain task to unlock them. This is the template:
SpoilerShow
The third one is similar to the character adoptions. I call them Character Friendship. You will choose one character with which you will start a friendship. You will need to complete tasks to gain experience for your friendship. Enough experience and your friendship will level up. With each level up you will unlock different abilities.

Events and Achievements
Well, Event Cards are the same as here on Sakura. And Achievements too.
Here are the templates:
Image Image

Other Stuff
I also want to keep it old school with the level badges. There will be no custom badges, but you will be able to donate Level Badges.
Donations also consist of Deck Images, Link Buttons and Stampcards.
And I plan to do a merchandise Shop with CDs, DVDs, Light Novels, Mangas, Posters and Figures.

What I need
Okay, first of all I would need one or two people interested in being co-admins. As I have a 10 weeks old baby at home, I would definitely need help, otherwise I don't have enough time.
Then I will need Moderators for Forum Stuff and Activities once there are enough Members.
I also need a webhost and a bit of help with coding and stuff. Especially with the layout, since I never did a layout before.
If anyone is interested that would be cool.
Otherwise I will do this here just for fun.
🌸 Tradepost 🌸

osaka

Re: Secret Base

Post by osaka » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm

this all looks and sounds really fun ;u; i'd be down to moderate forum games/services and stuff. i'd offer to be an admin since i have a lot of time but i've never run a tcg before so i don't know what that entails/how good i'd be at it

Chives

Post by Chives » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 pm

It looks really nice! I really like the sticker idea... (I love stickers. I'm a little obsessed. It's a problem)

I wouldn't mind helping with coding and moderation stuff if you need it! I'm no expert by far but I've got a bit of experience with playing with php, so if there isn't anyone better around I can give it a shot

SasuraUchiha

Post by SasuraUchiha » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 am

osaka wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm
this all looks and sounds really fun ;u; i'd be down to moderate forum games/services and stuff. i'd offer to be an admin since i have a lot of time but i've never run a tcg before so i don't know what that entails/how good i'd be at it
Well, I didn't run a TCG before either, so it would be a learning experience for me too.
Chives wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 pm
It looks really nice! I really like the sticker idea... (I love stickers. I'm a little obsessed. It's a problem)

I wouldn't mind helping with coding and moderation stuff if you need it! I'm no expert by far but I've got a bit of experience with playing with php, so if there isn't anyone better around I can give it a shot
That would be nice!

I still need a webhost though.
🌸 Tradepost 🌸

Hisuiryu

Post by Hisuiryu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:44 am

The cards look cute!

I'm willing to help with forum moderation and any graphic/deck making type stuff if you need it :)

Selena
I love Adonis ❤

Post by Selena » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:15 am

Super cute!! I love the stickers and the overall idea with a series collection!

I'd love to help out with mod/forum jobs (as long as it isn't log-related since I'm awful with that) as well as deck making. Let me know if you need some help in these areas!

osaka

Post by osaka » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 am

SasuraUchiha wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 am
That would be nice!

I still need a webhost though.
my tradepost is hosted at teacake and they have some really cheap hosting plans. or maybe you could ask cassidy to host you?

Jessie
Mahou Queen ~★

Post by Jessie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:38 pm

I'm just popping in to say good luck with putting your tcg idea into fruition! I do want to say that I find your template a little too busy. You've got dashed and solid lines in very close proximity, which makes it really hard to look at for me. I would keep either one or the other.

Also, for something like openings/endings/scenes, I would say the ideal template should be bigger esp since you want to show off as much of the image as physically possible without it being too big. Not a really a big fan of the multiple puzzles as well, since characters are going to have soooo many images available. I would understand all of the puzzles if there were very few images for a said character.

Usually when Samu and I do templates, we go through multiple iterations for one deck and preview before we make multiple decks, so we can bounce ideas off each other, as well as other people

SasuraUchiha

Post by SasuraUchiha » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:53 pm

Jessie wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:38 pm
I'm just popping in to say good luck with putting your tcg idea into fruition! I do want to say that I find your template a little too busy. You've got dashed and solid lines in very close proximity, which makes it really hard to look at for me. I would keep either one or the other.

Also, for something like openings/endings/scenes, I would say the ideal template should be bigger esp since you want to show off as much of the image as physically possible without it being too big. Not a really a big fan of the multiple puzzles as well, since characters are going to have soooo many images available. I would understand all of the puzzles if there were very few images for a said character.

Usually when Samu and I do templates, we go through multiple iterations for one deck and preview before we make multiple decks, so we can bounce ideas off each other, as well as other people
Thank you for your criticism. I'm not that satisfied with my template either, so probably I will still change it.
🌸 Tradepost 🌸

amyk

Post by amyk » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:30 pm

This all sounds great! I agree that the template looks a little bit busy but I think with some minor tweaking it could look a lot cleaner! I would be more than happy to help with modding/forum work if you need it!