NOTICE TO NEW MEMBERS!

Before doing anything, please fill out the form in the Starter Pack Bonus thread!
(You can find it by going to "Information Desk" and then clicking the thread titled "Starter Pack Bonus".)

You will not be able to play the games, trade with others, take from updates, etc. until after you've been moved from the Pending section on the Members List!

May 2019 Activity — Sakura Matsuri Survey

New rounds are typically posted every month!

Moderators: Amber, Shinya

Amber

May 2019 Activity — Sakura Matsuri Survey

Post by Amber » Fri May 03, 2019 1:09 am

Sakura Matsuri has been around since March 2018, which means we've posted at least 84 tasks for you guys to complete over 14 months. This activity has been a total learning experience for us since Haylee and I had never participated in coming up with tasks for players to complete or defining rewards that seemed suitable for those tasks prior to running this game. Those that were here for the first matsuri ever will tell you that the first rewards were extremely generous! Possibly even too generous... and Cassidy let us experiment with it anyway. A legend.

We've tried a variety of tasks over the course of running this forum game and while we've asked for player suggestions and feedback as a stall before, we've never done so with pointed questions. This month, it would be really nice to hear from players about their experience playing our little game and to find out if there's anything we can do to improve it. We'd love for you to fill out the form below with your opinions and ideas. Please don't be afraid to provide constructive criticism either. This is a great opportunity to let us know about tasks you hope to see again (and ones you don't!). We just want to make sure this game is still fun and doable for everyone!

Without further ado, here is the form. Please provide as much detail and information as you can. We may contact you to follow up on your answers if we have any questions!

THE SURVEY

Code: Select all

[list=1]
[*][b]How active would you say you are as a player?[/b]
[*][b]Do you think stalls are difficult to complete? If yes, what can we do to improve our tasks?[/b]
[*][b]Do rewards seem fair for the stall requirements we post?[/b]
[*][b]What kinds of rewards would you like to see more of (cards, coupons, currency, tokens etc)?[/b]
[*][b]What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls)[/b]
[*][b]What kinds of stalls would you like to see in the future?[/b]
[*][b]Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide? We'd honestly love to know anything that could make matsuri more fun for you if you have ideas![/b]
[/list]
REWARDS
At the end of the month, we will pass out 5 random cards to all players who submit this survey.

Thank you so much for your feedback, guys. And thanks for bearing with us for a whopping 14 months so far!

SasuraUchiha

Re: May 2019 Activity — Sakura Matsuri Survey

Post by SasuraUchiha » Fri May 03, 2019 9:07 am

1. How active would you say you are as a player?
    Well, since I have a 3 month old daughter I would say, not as active as I would like to. But I still manage to get a few minutes every day (and a whole day on weekends, thanks to my boyfriend) to get something done on my TCGs.
  2. Do you think stalls are difficult to complete? If yes, what can we do to improve our tasks?
    Well, some are, some not. In my opinion, the first Stalls, mastering specified decks, is hard to complete with that limited time I got. And I don't really have the time to keep track of the specified cards that we have to bring for most other stalls, as they all have to be obtained in the current month.
  3. Do rewards seem fair for the stall requirements we post?
    Well, it's not worth the work for me, as I only have limited time available for TCGs. So I tend to ignore Sakura Matsuri, although I would really like the Badges.
  4. What kinds of rewards would you like to see more of (cards, coupons, currency, tokens etc)?
    I always love choice cards and coupons.
  5. What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls) That's hard to tell... At the moment everything not that time consuming is appreciated, but that would be too fast done by everyone...
  6. What kinds of stalls would you like to see in the future? Can't really tell that either. Honestly I like themed masteries and themed cards. It gives the game something unique. Probably if it would be a little easier to get them done, I would care more about Sakura Matsuri. Maybe allowing 1 of the masteries to be already mastered before the current. As for the themed cards, you could allow a few of the cards to be obtained in the last 2 months or so. I would wish for a little easier tasks, but not too easy.
    Also, something like Mini Masteries could be a stall too?
  7. Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide? We'd honestly love to know anything that could make matsuri more fun for you if you have ideas!
    I can't think of anything that I didn't say before.
🌸 Tradepost 🌸

Jun

Post by Jun » Fri May 03, 2019 3:29 pm

1. How active would you say you are as a player? Id say pretty active?
  2. Do you think stalls are difficult to complete? If yes, what can we do to improve our tasks? Not really difficult per-say. A lot of it just comes down to procrastination. For the most part, I say stalls are usually doable on a monthly basis.
  3. Do rewards seem fair for the stall requirements we post? They usually do seem quite fair. If your doing some of these activities, your already being rewarded on the side (example: 12 cards (6 choice) for usually 5 masteries, where I already get like 25+ cards and choices from... the 12 are just the incentive for finishing the task, not my over all reward almost.)
  4. What kinds of rewards would you like to see more of (cards, coupons, currency, tokens etc)? I mainly use cards and coupons, Currency is usually what I save for like the holiday events where I am buying gifts hahaha, I dont really buy too many things during the rest of the year.
  5. What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls) I always like the creative task, because people tend to do things very differently. Puzzles are fun too, especially since they tend to be different types of puzzles every time they come around. Forum games arn't bad, my problem is procrastination again and im bad at keeping up with them.
  6. What kinds of stalls would you like to see in the future? I would like more creative or group active ones. I remember once there was the recommendation task (was that matsuri or a different event?) but it was really neat to just read all these different recs for different people. This is actually more Coffee Time (which has been on indefinite hiatus), but I do like thigns where i can read up and learn on some players.
  7. Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide? We'd honestly love to know anything that could make matsuri more fun for you if you have ideas! I do have a lot of fun already, and I am not really sure what I can drop in to be more useful on the topic.

Joey
Hanyuu Appreciation Life

Post by Joey » Fri May 03, 2019 3:45 pm

I'd say I'm fairly active. I try to complete the matsuri every month because I'm a sucker for achievement badges but it's also really fun!! But for Sakura as a whole, yeah, I'd say I'm more active than semi-active if that's fair?
  2. Do you think stalls are difficult to complete? If yes, what can we do to improve our tasks?
    Some are more difficult than others, but I think that having the variety of difficulties makes the game more of a fun challenge. I don't think any of them are really impossible, especially with such an active trading community.
    Absolutely.
  4. What kinds of rewards would you like to see more of (cards, coupons, currency, tokens etc)?
    Choice cards and coupons +_+ I tend to hoard my currency lmao
  5. What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls)
    The themed masteries are really fun and I look forward to which decks I need to start collecting every month. I also really like the scavenger hunt types of tasks and themed cards. The puzzles are also a lot of fun!!
  6. What kinds of stalls would you like to see in the future?
    Gonna second the ideas for mini masteries and a coffee time-like task (since that's what I was originally gonna suggest myself lolol)
  7. Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide? We'd honestly love to know anything that could make matsuri more fun for you if you have ideas!
    I'd like to suggest a hard to obtain coupon that let's you skip a task during matsuri (only one task per month, and no rewards but it counts as 'completed' towards the grand prize) Other than that, thank you for all the hard work you put into the matsuri every month <3

Selena
I love Adonis ❤

Post by Selena » Fri May 03, 2019 4:09 pm

1. How active would you say you are as a player? I have a lot of free time so I'm pretty active!
  2. Do you think stalls are difficult to complete? If yes, what can we do to improve our tasks? I believe stalls are difficult to complete for newer players and people who are more busy and cannot spend as much time on them. In the beginning, I definitely felt the crunch since I had fewer cards, but once time had passed and I had gathered more cards, it became easier for me. I tend to view the first stall as the most difficult, but I made it much more easier on myself to hoard masteries so that I can use the rewards for this stall.
  3. Do rewards seem fair for the stall requirements we post? I've never had a problem with them and think they're fine as is, especially since there is a coupon that allows you to get double the rewards.
  4. What kinds of rewards would you like to see more of (cards, coupons, currency, tokens etc)? I love cards and coupons! Currency is also nice, since I tend to hoard those for events.
  5. What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls) I loved the 12 Days of Christmas stall! It was really fun to work with other players, and would love more stalls like that.
  6. What kinds of stalls would you like to see in the future? ^ also I loved the stall before where we used cards to create a story. I'm creative when it comes to writing, so those sorts of stalls are enjoyable for me.
  7. Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide? We'd honestly love to know anything that could make matsuri more fun for you if you have ideas! The coupon Joey suggested would be useful for players that don't have as much time to play matsuri so I'm seconding that. Other than that I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into this activity for us! <3

amyk

Post by amyk » Fri May 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Aside from the fact that I sort of vanished for a couple of months I would say I'm pretty active! I do have a five year old, a job, and limited time to spend on all of my interests, but I'd say I'm around for at least an hour a day on average. Some days, like today, when my son is at his dad's place I have hours to spend playing games, managing my trade post, etc. It varies, but I love the game and am committed to playing when I can!
    I think the stalls - from what I've seen - are a good variation of easy to difficult, with some in between. I don't think they are necessarily too difficult, though the only Matsuri I have been able to complete was December, but I've also revamped my way of approaching Matsuri since I came back to the game, so we'll see how that works out. I think it just takes more organization and planning than I've dedicated in the past.
    Yes, I think so!
    I know a lot of people who have been here for a long time have loads of coupons, but I'd really like a way to get more as a newer player? Maybe we could implement something like a 'choice pack' for one of the stalls each month? You choose between a number of random cards or a number of random coupons?
  5. What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls)
    I love themed masteries, bringing themed cards, and playing games. I haven't been as motivated for the creative tasks in the past but I also just got photoshop and I feel like if I actually made the time for it I would be more likely to submit entries for those.
    I really enjoy stalls that involve collaborating with other players, or gifting/creating for others. I also love collecting random sets of things, so more themed sets are honestly right up my alley. Maybe something along the lines of - for example - an 'A' deck where each card is from a different deck (numbered appropriately) that either starts with A or prominently features something that obviously starts with the letter? Like an apple?
    It might be cool to do like...I hope I word this right. I really like collaborating with others, so maybe one month we could do Matsuri as a giant group, sort of like what we did with some of the Christmas/Holiday activities? Another month we could do a bracket type challenge with teams and friendly competition, with support activities for those that have already passed out of the tournament itself? (Make a poster for a team, etc?) I don't know, I just think those kinds of things could break up the usual 'complete this on your own' months in a nice way!

Samii
卅(•‿•)卅

Post by Samii » Sat May 04, 2019 1:01 pm

I would say I'm a pretty active player.
    I don't think so to be hoenst. I usually get them all done fairly easily with the exception of the mastery stalls but I don't mind!
    I think they're pretty fair. I like the amount of choice cards that we get and usually we get about 2ish coupons per go!
    I typically don't use currency as much as coupons. I really only buy choice cards tbh.
    I like stalls that are themed, so mini masterys, bringing cards. I really dislike creative stalls to be honest im sorry! I hate making things because that's what I do for a living LOL.
    Hmm..idk!
    I liked the idea of "Matsuri Only" rewards! Like special currency or coupons you can only obtain from Matsuri or maybe only related to Matsuri!

Chives

Post by Chives » Sat May 04, 2019 1:11 pm

1. How active would you say you are as a player? I'm pretty active! I have no life lol
  2. Do you think stalls are difficult to complete? If yes, what can we do to improve our tasks? I don't think they're unreasonably difficult. I think the current challenge level is fun without being overwhelming.
  3. Do rewards seem fair for the stall requirements we post? Yep!
  4. What kinds of rewards would you like to see more of (cards, coupons, currency, tokens etc)? Hmm... I'd say I'd like more variety but I'm not sure what to suggest. ^^: Picking coupons in particular seems like overkill sometimes for me, since I don't have much use for most of them.
  5. What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls) I like themed masteries! They're usually the hardest for me to complete each month but I have lots of fun. I like puzzles but I'm really bad at them & feel like I'm bugging the staff, orz
  6. What kinds of stalls would you like to see in the future? I haven't played any rounds with flash games but those sound fun!
  7. Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide? We'd honestly love to know anything that could make matsuri more fun for you if you have ideas! I'll second the ideas of unique Matsuri rewards and stall-skipping coupons!

Shinya
suousama ♔

Post by Shinya » Sat May 04, 2019 1:19 pm

1. How active would you say you are as a player? I think i'm pretty active!
  2. Do you think stalls are difficult to complete? If yes, what can we do to improve our tasks? I don't think so. More than difficult I would say that some are more of the lazy type? because we have to think more specifics things, but it's not really a problem for me because it depends of the day lmao
  3. Do rewards seem fair for the stall requirements we post? Yes! we get more cards from matsuri than from other games, but it's fair enough if you consider the work it has!
  4. What kinds of rewards would you like to see more of (cards, coupons, currency, tokens etc)? I like cards an coupons! but maybe it'll be good if sometimes, some task give tokens too? since is the currency that we don't get in any other games, so it could be an option!
  5. What kinds of stalls have been your favorites? (ex. themed mastery stalls, bringing themed cards, creative tasks, puzzles, forum games, flash games such as the 12 Days of Christmas and Suggestion Tag, other stalls) I like bringing themed cards and creative task the most (although i'm the lazy type i've mentioned before...) but in the end i really like it! and i like to see what other people have done, it's interesting!
  6. What kinds of stalls would you like to see in the future? I like group activities like the 12 Days of Christmas, it was fun to see everyone playing together! So more of this types of games would be nice to see!
  7. Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to provide? We'd honestly love to know anything that could make matsuri more fun for you if you have ideas! Not at all, Matsuri is one of my favorite things of the tcg and i'm pretty happy with it ;;
trade post

Jessie
Mahou Queen ~★

Post by Jessie » Mon May 06, 2019 9:28 am

I used to be one of the most active players, but due to logs and 0 motivation, it seems I've dropped off the face of the tcg world lol
    Prob not going to be as active since I'm busy with other projects/league
    I think they are just the right amount of difficulty! I always enjoyed the stalls that I did get to work on when I was an active member. The first Matsuri I completed was totally complete with a week when I came back from a hiatus
    I think the rewards are decent, though I feel some maybe a little too card heavy, if that makes any sense
    I guess coupons and tokens (not sure what those are exactly????)
    I love the more creative styled tasks like the "create a band" and "build a deck". I also enjoy the pixel hunt ones/word search/crossword games!
    I would like to see more creative styled tasks that require members to think or outside of the box to design something or tell a story! Maybe something like picking a character and then designing a Pokemon party based on the traits of the character or things like that
    I think you guys (Amber & Haylee) are doing a great job of balancing ideas and making sure that everyone can enjoy the stalls! I honestly came back from a hiatus last time because of the Matsuri games/events, so I look forward to what you ladies will have for us in the future!